Welcome to my Android tutorials for programmers!! In this Post I will explain the first step if you want to program in Android. The first thing to do is configure your computer to program.
The first step to program with the android SDK is prepare an android development environment on our computer. In the next article i will explain how do that in a simple steps:
- Android SDK Install.
- download and Eclipse Install
- Installation of android development tools.
Android SDK Install
- The first step to programming an Android application is to download the Android SDK.
- Once the SDK is downloaded, unzip the SDK into a folder.For example, in Program files .
- Add the directory /tools from SDK to the Path from Windows. Push the right button in My PC and select properties. Select the directory tools from SDK: “C:\Program Files\android-sdk-windows-1.5_r2\tools” and click accept button.
Download and install of Eclipse
- Download the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers (it’s 212 MB).
- install the file downloaded.
- Enter to directory eclipse and execute eclipse.exe to launch the application. The first time you must indicate the workspace.Select the folder to save your projects.check the option “Use this as the default…” and then push OK button.
Installation of Android Development Tools (ADT)
- Inside Eclipse, select Software Updates,on the menu Help.Appears a window of ad dons.
- Push click on Available Software on the bottom.
- At the right push on Add Site.
- On the window appears, introduce one of this two directions:
- The URL introduced appears in the software list awaiable . Select Android DDMS and Android Developers Tools and push Install to install. accept the license.
6. Close and open again Eclipse.
7. Now We must configure Eclipse to access to Android SDK installed. Open the menu Window and select Preferences. In the section Android, of SDK Location We must introduce the SDK Location where is the SDK unzipped.
8. Press OK to close the preference window. Now you have the SDK installed.
If you have learn or you liked this article and you want to readmore no doubt to see this others articles writed by me, if you want to learn about another theme or you have an idea of another theme to improve the tutorials no doubt to write a comment in this website or sent a mail and I will study it and if is an interesting theme no doubt that I will write a post about the theme requested.
I hope I will see all you soon.